Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Travelin Grandma
I am a travelin grandma, I decided that I dont like it much though its worth all the moments and memories I made with my grandchildren to do that. The problem is I made the memories they wont remember me or that I traveled there to see them in the land of North Carolina deep into the mountains of the Blue Ridge, away from the city. Its a bit of a travel from the O. C. California. First you must travel by husband dropping you off then you must wait for a plane and security, then another plane, then wait for baggage, then you spend 11 days out of your element in a completely different culture but so good for me to see that part of the country and how people live their lives and I reflected that my grandchildren who live there will prolly not connect with this grandma to much that lives in California. But I hope to one day establish a relationship based on the Lord who is the Lord of all and I know that is important. 3 granchildren under 4 wont remember this trip but I will and though I traversed alot of land, alot of obstacles and alot of differences I learned that I will need to connect on a different level from this point, how? I am not sure yet but the web cam will help remind them of who I am and that though grandma is faraway that I love them with all my heart. So this week as I celebrate momhood and grandmahood this will be a memory I will always have with me and it will stay inside me forever till the day I die and yes it was a memory that God gave me as a gift and though I complain about the traveling to get there it was indeed worth every memory that I came for. Wish and hope I can make more memories like that in the future. Its a blessing the Lord has bestowed and He was with me all the way in my travel and in my life and with all the time that I got to spend with them. I love you Joel, Evan and Alyssa...thanks for the memories....I will hold you and those memories with you really close to my heart and know that I pray for you and your mommie and daddie everyday ! To my children who are grown.......thanks for making me a mom, I love you Ken, Scott and Kelly......Happy Moms Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you too Mom :)
Post a Comment