I listened to my pastors message online last nite since I missed Sunday. It was Romans 1:1, what a reminder of why I am here. His 3 points from one verse the first verse of this great good news book.
Be motivated by my new life
Be constrained by my new Master
Be compelled by commission
It really was an example from Paul and his life, and he writing the book of Romans will show us through this book, who we are, what we are and what we should be doing and how and why we are here. The gospel . We cant not stop giving it out, speaking it to others, nor living it out before others. They need to see salt and light, they need to see set - apart obedient people who are free from bondage of sin and slaves to Christ. We are bond slaves..... we slave and serve Him in this life, how? by sharing the gospel and being fishers of men. The questions was asked " Do I care more about my reputation?" then to speak the truth? Do I care more about what people think about me then what God thinks about me? We are called ambassadors.....people will think that I am crazy or wrong, but I need to get used to that. STepping out form underground Christianity is the key and sacrificing on the alter my life for His...that is true ambassadorship.
2 Cor. 2;14- God determinded the time and places where we would live,He made me to be born again at the right time and place in this age to embrace the gospel. He leadsd us so we can represent Him and use us to spread the fragrance of the gospel. So we should stink it up for Him. He strategically leads me in my sphere of influence to talk about Christ and be propelled by the commission to effectively speak and share. Even in Luke 8 his own family wanted to shut Christ up because they didnt like what he was talking about and they didnt want people to think He was crazy. Its time for me to speak up where I at, its time that the salt and light be effective... This little light of mine! I am going to let it shine....I want to do good deeeds so that my Father in heaven is glorfied.....doulos......slave....for Christ alone. Sold out for the advancement of the gospel. Will I be? What am I waiting for? What do I fear? Courage is what He gives, strength to meet each moment at any time or any place or anyone...thats what Paul was... Sold Out for that advancement of the gospel, his heart was right and that is what I want too, he had such a boldness and had nothing to lose, and if he went to his death even he had nothing to lose, because he had life eternal. That is what were here for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AMEN! Preach it Momma :) I love you and your love for the truth!
Post a Comment