I have recently reread John Macarthurs book " The Pillars of Chrisitan Character"" essential attitudes of living faith. Each chapter is a reminder to me of that I am a child of the King and it is what make me disctinct from the world.No of pride but I boast in Christ alone, in His grace, by faith alone, even He gives me that faith and grace.
Genuine Faith
Obedience; the Covenant
Blessed are the humble
Selfless nature of love
unity
growth; no real life without it
Forgive and be blesssed
Reason enough to rejoice
Always a place for gratitude
The courage to be strong
Self -discipline; The key to victory
Worshiping God in Spirit and Truth
Hope; Our Future is Gauranteed
Those are the chapters chucked full real truth and convicts the heart. At the end of his book he quotes a poem his grandfather wrote.
When I stand at the judgment seat of Christ
And He shows me His plan for me,
The plan of my life as it might have been,
And I see how I blocked Him here and checked Him there
And would not yeild my will,
Wll there be grief in my Saviors eyes
Grief thoughHe loves me still?
He would have me rich but I stand there poor,
Stripped of all but His grace,
While memory runs like a haunted thing
Doown a path I cant retrace.
Then my desolate heart will well nigh break;
With tears I cannot shed,
I will cover my face with empty hands,
I will bow my uncrowned head.
O Lord, of the years that are left for me,
I give them to Thy hand.
Take me, break me, and mold me
To the pattern that Thou hast planned.
I am in that waiting mode.... Come Lord Jesus.. REv 22:20
" We give thanks to God always for all of you, making mention of you in our prayers; constantly bearing in mind your work of faith and labor of love and stedfastness of hope...knowing you wait for His Son from heaven. 1 thes 1:2-3, 10
Hope our Future is Gauranteed....He is the gauranteer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment