Thursday, May 8, 2008

My surrender of goals and desirers to....

God......when I surrender what I want for what God wants for me, its essentially a healthy spiritual move, by His Word, through prayer by the presence of the Holy Spirit, He can point us to the truth and the direction that is His alone( His authority in my life).
When I surrender to Him my goals and plans then His plan is allowed to flourish in my life.
The disciples did when they were going about their lives then called to be fishers of men, gave up their boats and nets anf followed after Christ Matt 4:18-22 luke 5:27-28
Jesus even submitted to the will of the Father to willingly go to the cross for my sin. Matt 26: 39
Obedience is always the key even when not anticipated or fully understood by me Heb 11:8-10
Abraham obeyed when he went to sacrifice Isaac on the alter Gen 22
Paul obeyed when it came to his traveling destination Acts 16:6-10
When I am dedicated to Gods will alone He strengthens me and builds up my faith Heb 12:1&2, Ro 12:2
He equips me fot the calling He places us in life Heb 10:23; 13: 20-21
He gives me confidence, courage, strength and boldness as I stand firm in what I know God has led me to accomplish each day 1 cor 15:1 , 16:13; 2 thes 2:13-17
I read this encourgement from David this am
"Delight yourelf in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart"ps 37:4 Though I have known and sat on this promise of His for years I always needed to pull out the true context and the light of it from Gods perspective not my own. When I delight in Him then I will gravitate to the actions and attitudes that align with His Word and His will for my life.
Do my goals line up with His?
I am contemplating this as I am not sure what He wants me to do. I want the right motive and priorities in my goals and with no pride and I want my commitment to follow Gods priorities and plans not my own.

My desire is to serve him, leading women somehow or at liest ministering somehow to them, I am waiting on Him, knowing that desire comes from Him but that He will be the One to implement where ever and whomever I serve.
So I surrender all...to Him

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few nights ago, I was as usually staring at my ceiling trying to sleep and couldn't and I just started singing out loud, "All To Jesus I Surrender" And the next thing I knew it I just kept singing, not sure when I fell asleep but it was neat :)