Friday, May 9, 2008
Come on out Sun!
When I was young, my girlfriend and best friend Missy had a bday party at her house, I cant even remember all the circumstances of that party but one thing I remember is that it was March and a very gloomy day, much like my May gray day here today. I loved her moms enthusiasm that would not ruin the fun we would have on that day, with balloons and cake and all kinds of games and things planned for us. I remember that her suggestion was to sing to the Sun, "Come on out Sun "and shout it loud!ha! For little girls it was just something to participate in but it helped when the Sun came out because it felt it was shining just for us on that special day for my friend. When I reflect back on my Christian life and all that the Son has shown in my heart, I realize just as that day I shouted for the Sun to come out I shouted for the Son to shine in me and my heart. And everyday when I feel that brokeness in myself before Him I shout the same thing( Come Out and Shine In me" and He does. Gloom can be in our hearts as well as the skies but if I let it consume me rather then let His light of His Word consume me then I am overshadowed with much blueness, or sadness or like I cannot draw out of it somehow. When I cry out " Come on Out Son" Then the Son of righteousness who works in and through me by His Holy Spirit, comforts and encourges me. Why would I settle for less when He has given me His infinte resources that are unlimited. He is the One who enables me to live in that light of His and keeps me always in His will. I must always even on gloomy days in my heart submit and be completely willing and available to Him to do that in me. It is an act of obedience everyday even when I dont feel like it.Its how He teaches and its How He keeps us and its how He comforts and encourges us, we have our part to obey( again even when we dont feel like it)That is living in the power of the Holy Spirit each day. Praise Him for He is deserving of all praise and glory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment