Amongst the holiday weekend and all plans to bque and socialize and have fun and relax, we forget sometimes the reason for remembering why we are remembering. Men and women who gave their lives for our freedom and the cost. It was not free. Nothing is free. Nothing is easy. Somehow putting a flag out, waving it high, singing the anthem, even remembering at grave sites, dosent quite cut it as far as the cost that was paid for my freedom here, the way I can live my life. I was reminded today on a news story about the aftermath of Chinas earthquake that the couples can apply to have another child if they get permission from their govenment. How sad is that?That aint freedom. How about going to my church and worshiping the Lord as I do, thats freedom! So many countries do not have just the personal freedoms we have. I am grateful, I am grateful to all the men and women, and my father in law, my own father and even my husband who served their country well for my freedom and I hope with each passing year that the generations after me remember as I know I should when we become so often removed from war in our backyard that we might forget. But we must remember then men and women, this generation even today who are fighting in Iraq who are helping another country gain a little democracy so they can stop being enslaved. We need to appreciate those young people who care enough to stay the course under orders even when politically they may not understand all that is going on but serve proudly because they represent our country which has great honor now and from the past. They should hold their head up high and we should continue to honor them as they continue to serve in such a capacity of service and we should never forget that its for freedom they serve, wether ours or someone elses, it represents the US as an honorable nation. And so in reflection of today I remember all those fallen in battle, for my freedom, for our freedom and for futures freedom and praise God I live in the good ole USA.
God Bless America ....please!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I was at McDonalds yesterday in Quartszite men were complaining about the people, and the crowds and he said whats so big about memorial day and in my grumpiness, I was like, nothing. And later, I really regretted saying that. Because it is something, and it shouldn't just be one day to remember that, it should be every day we thank God for our freedom...
Post a Comment