Monday, May 19, 2008

Friends

I was reminded yesterday as I had lunch with my friends in celebration of our birthdays how special it is to have long lasting friends who care about you, though you dont see them everyday or interact its really nice to have them because it reminds you of who you are as a person. It helps identify you somehow in this world though I know my identity here in this life is not as important as the next world...heaven. Having that assurance is important but I still like leaving a legacy of friendships here and hopefully....a really good legacy of the kind of person I am and have become. I have known my friends for about35 years or longer at this point, when we gather we do catch up in our lives and find out whats going on and the trips they have taken and how their relationships are doing and what is hurting this week ha! The fact that they care to get together with me really means alot and the fact that we have stayed friends and been thru alot together over the years keeps me going and praying for them always...that they would know Christ as Savior that they would live for Him, that we would all be together in heaven...that is my hope. Its my hope for all my friends, old and new, its my hope for my family as well. I was also reminded that its and earthly celebration when we celebrate our birthdays really but when we were born again should be a really big bash of celebration when we came to know the Savior...that is a time for rejoicing, celebration...the fatted calf...Luke 15....the lost sheep. the lost coin. the prodigal. Oh how heaven rejoices over those who come into the kingdom...as we celebrate friendships that are earthly, and bdays that are earthly lets be reminded the heaven has a party and celebration over one sinner who enters into the kingdom...lets celebrate our own birth as well with much rejoicing...do you know what day your spiritual birthday is? Happy Birthday in Jesus Name.

No comments: