I got an email from a very old friend today. I was trying to establish or rekindle the friendship as we have lost touch over the years. She is my friend from long ago, never forgotten but lost touch somehow. I really think I didnt try my best and I dont know why just didnt stay in touch. I found an old email address and went for it to see if it was good, then I did a catch up letter and hoped for the best. I heard back from her and I was pleased that she was willing to catch me up on her life all these years. I really regret not staying in touch better with people.
Even today I went over to talk with my neighbor and have to spend time catching her up next door on my life and her, how sad is that, we even got to talking about things we wished that we would of said to people when we had the chance and didnt. Heartfelt kinds of things but at the time of an event not really knowing what to say. I realize so many opportunities I have let go by and I am very ashamed of myself for not trying harder, not just putting myself out there a little more, just go like the extra mile, just reach out a little bit more than I have done. I think I have missed so many opportunities because of neglect or just plain complacency or even apathy...I hate apathy. I dont like it and should not tolerate that at all in my life but somehow it sneaks in somehow. I think I need to take a fresh look at reaching out to old and new friends, to old neighbors and new, to old acquaintances and new ones and take the opportunity to just to tell them I am here, that I care and that I am praying for them. Even if I only just express that it might make a difference in their lives. Keep in touch, easy to say hard to do, and I hope that I do do that from now on and leave complacency and apathy behind. I dont want to be ashamed of my life because I do represent my Lord and Savior but I see and know He has alot of work to do in me and in my life to change something that seems so simple but could mean alot. I want that change to happen, so I lift it up to the One who can change it and me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment