Friday, April 11, 2008

Woe is Me

Memory seems to be fading. I started a blog and I cant remember passwords and its crazy! That is frustrating , I guess you have to write it down somewhere. But I cant remember where I wrote it down. How sad is that? ha. Memory is really a gift and I am glad I have mine. Though we have to remember important things, and sad things, the good memories are what spur us on and spark us on to make new ones.
I sat with a friend to day and recited verses I had memorized and I was so glad God brought them to my mind when it was time. I dont ever want to take my memory for granted because without it we are not the same. I have so many wonderful memories that are truly blessings from the Lord and I would never want to go a day without those wonderful memories from so long ago and recent ones too, like when I first met my old friend who lived across the street when I was a child and what we shared, or growing up on the El Dorado, or ditching class in high school with a friend, or barely graduating with my friends from high school who continue to be my friends and have made alot of fun memories together with, like trips to Hawaii and Alaska, and San Diego. Lots of fun lunches with friends and bday parties and vacations with my kids and husband. Fun trips that will never be forgotten and times I have got to spend and get to know my grandchildren. Memories that are so sweet to me, like and old friend. You have them, I hope for a long time, and hope that even in the bad memories I have learned to be wiser thru them. Memories, a true gift from God. I am thankful for them. Have a memory day and make a memory each day so you will always look back and remember that day in a special way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this Mom..you are so right...memories are so sweet...I need to learn to dwell on the good and positive ones rather then the sad and negative ones :) Thanks for the reminder... love you