Wednesday, April 9, 2008

60 years of marriage...long time

Celebrated with my folks today their 60th wedding anniversary. Wow! What a testimony to commitment, faithfulness and plain ole hangin in their thru thick thin and all the stuff of life. Forget about just sickness and in health. What about raising 6 kids? What about dealing with every problem faced by man, what about the tough stuff, the hard stuff, let alone the sadness, the brokeness and the griefs of life. It has to take alot of hard work and desire, and doing what is right before God to really see it through. I am amazed that my inlaws had 61 years to gether before death parted them and now my parents have had 60 years. I am blessed indeed and I appreciate that they are such great examples to me and my husband. Were almost at 35 years. I think that is quite an accomplishement but looking at 60 is truly a miraculous undertaking and Gods grace. They were hard working parents who did all they could to raise a happy, healthy and wonderful family and to give it their all thru all the good the bad and the ugly. Looking back, it went so fast, but in the details there was many lessons to learn. But through all of it they learned it no matter what it was and they stayed the course of marrige throughout because they loved enough to commit to each other for life and live life together with integrity and determination. What a great example for me their daughter, I am proud to be called their daughter. I hope I can have that same example for my own children in the future as we are growing older together.There is alot of strength in making a commitment and holding tight to that and praying through all of the trials in life and trusting the Lord for each day. That is my goal and I am sticking with that and hopefully I will be down the road the example that my parents were to me for my own children and my grandchildren. I want that kind of legacy, not just representative of my life but also in my marriage, integrity in my life, godliness in my life, and also in my marriage. Life is so short as I look back to my parents life and the life that I grew up in and where I came from and where I am going and what I am doing, they reflect part of who I am and what I believe and I am very grateful for that. I honor them this day for their commitment of 60 years they made so long ago and that they truly have been there for each other...and ...until death do they part! But not for awhile as God has been gracious to them in their health thus far.
Happy 60th Mom and Dad
your loving daughter
C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its amazing to see that true commitment....its sadly become so rare...as people degrade marriage more and more. Its such a sacred union that has become a frivolous choice to go whenever you want. I am thankful that I have the example of you and Dad, you both show an example of love, commitment and true dedication on a daily basis to push through thick and thin...I couldn't ask for a better example..love you!