Got a message from a long time friend who has cancer and its gone into the lung and the docs say she dosent have alot of time. I am not sad per se I am hopeful, we both are because we know where she is going...to the Lord life eternal in heaven...always with the Lord. Even death cannot take the joy that we have in knowing this. Yeah the suffering part isnt fun and its all sad that we will miss her for awhile but my friend and I will get to spend eternity with the Lord together. So in a little while I will join her because of the promises of God and the hope that Christ gave to us in His sacrifice on the cross so we can spend eternity with Him. I am grateful another day....And I am grateful for this friend who has over the years had such peace in her life in knowing her Lord and where she was headed. She was in a Bible study with me for years and continues to be in a study and she has lived some long years..82, she has been such a example of Gods grace in her life to me and has been such an encourgement to me over the years. We have kept in touch for years with our partakers luncheons and our great discussions over Gods Word and we have prayed for one another and I know that the Lord put her in my life for that reason to encourge and to stay the course in my own life. I havent had to face what Jennie has had to face, apart from facing her own cancer, she cares for her husband and her alzheimers sister.....she is truly a very selfless example of Gods love and care. I am grateful to have such a friend who has endured and continues to endure and will endure until the end. and this day I am grateful for my health, and all the blessings that the Lord has bestowed on me, just because He loves me! Yes Jesus loves me, this I know for the bible tells me so..........so the whole world will know...proclaim it....so they know what kind of eternal life they will have, either in heaven with the Lord or in utter darkness in eternity. The time is short...yes we need to be redeeming the time and understand what the will of the Lord is. Its not about me......the message must go out..so the whole world will know that He died to save them from their sin and for God and eternal life.
2 Cor 5:20&21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment