Friday, June 6, 2008
Put it to rest
I went to a church event tonite, I had gone thru a program called partners, sort of a gospel, fundamentals of the faith program. One of the chapters talked Biblically how a church is set up, but the church is not set up like one of the chapters in the program outlines. So I asked the asst pastor about that chapter and he said they have elders its just all the paid staff pastors. They are not accountable to the congregation. They dont have a consititution, they arent set up for member ship and I think they should take that chapter out due to integrity of the church. My question to myself is am I being so hard nosed about it and is it an essential issue. I guess not really because each church is free to set up there own way as long as their is elders of some kind. My issue is that they are all paid staff making decisions for the church and no congregational input or accountablity. It seems that there could be a conflict in decision making. I know that the asst pastor is a marketing guy who pushes the church that direction of programs and programs and programs. Nothing wrong with that I suppose but its just market driven and I struggle with that so much. Seeker friendly, yes, nothing wrong with that either but it just needs to stay with the right emphasis. Anyway, I guess I did not agree but I didnt say so, doctrinely I dont think the church is set up like it should be. But is that not the responisblity of the staff> I think so. I dont think its compromising for myself if the staff runs like they think so. I need to let it go and pray the Lord will work it through the right way. Lord help me put it to rest and rest in YOu and make you the focus and center of my worship and not be so easily distracted by trivial things that bother me so. I need to let it go and put it to rest, and rest in YOu alone. Thank you Lord that know all about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment