Yes, somedays are like this day. First I woke up with the worst stiff neck....like the kind you cant move to that left or the right. Yeah I am a pretty stiff necked person anyway I know! But that is what I woke up too, and then my knees.....they have been a problem for months and the docs cant help, so I just keep moving..I was trying to remember 2 verses that I have been trying to memorize this past week and after spending so much time...they arent sticking( I really have been praying over that) so then I go to the hair dresser to get my hair done, she makes me wait because she overbook ( was very polite and patient) I closed my eyes under the steamer and was trying to remember those verses!( But the music in the salon was loud, the ladies all talking at once and a trash truck and cement driller out front were blocking my head. As I closed my eyes I tried and I really did remember one of the verses
It was the Titus verse 2:11-12 For the grace of Godthat brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaches us to say" No" to ungodliness and worldly passions and to live, self- controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. I was able to recall that one because I think I was trying to experiment if I could keep out all the worldly chatter and noise. As my eyes were closed I found it so difficult in that salon to do that. But it certainly gave me some perspective and caused me to relax a bit. When I left the salon I was sleepy and relaxed but my hair was weird. It was like lopsided. One side she had sort of thinned out and the other side was just right, one side was flipping oddly and the other side was doing what it was suppose to do and just staying where it was. She even mentioned it before I left but said it wasnt cooperating with her. so by the time I got out of there I knew I was going to be bothered by that one side of my hair which I was, I would catch a glimpse of myself and think or thats great!
I headed to the grocery store, to pick out fruit for the big party for my family in a couple of days and the stores power had been out for an hour so I said " no way " and went home. I preceded to leave the house after trying to get that flippy side some control, to no avail though( I think its a serious problem at this point) then headed to a different store, I get there and use my clorox wipe all over the basket not realizing I had no bottom rung to my basket as I preceded in the store, I grabbed some strawberries and cut my self on the plastic container and was bleeding profusely form my middle finger, hoping to stop the bleeding it tasted like bleach clorox....really yuky! I continued by way around the store and went to put my waters under the basket since there was no room in the basket and found or discovered I got the basket with no bottom shelf, so then I had to rearrange but it didnt work so I proceeded to balance the waters between two rungs of the basket on the bottom balancing them to hope I could make it to the check out without incident. Yeah I did it! But soon people behind me were getting pretty perturbed with the checkout lady talking to me about her trip and the mutual neighbors we knew and I hurried along so I would not annoy anyone. As I was leaving I caught a glimpse of myself in the reflection of a car and said" oh no" that flipy side hair is so weird! I got home to unload and put a bandaid on my bloody finger and called my daughter to see if she was having a better day than I and no she wasnt" I felt bad" but of course she didnt know about my hair and all my trivial insignificant minor issues, I wanted to laugh because it dosent do any good to cry! Laughing helps me see that this is life as we know it and its just stuff that happens to us and it dosent change who we are inside. As funny as my hair looks, I really am not that bothered by it because tommorrow it will be flippin on the otherside! I have to laugh and smile at my life, I have to grin and smile at I am still moving even when it hurts to keep moving, and I have to smile with at my bandaid on my middle finger because I know alot of people who have hurt that finger would use it for a naughty gesture, but me I Praise God for my day and how I lived it, full with a little joy on the side, a little flippin hair style on one side too!.... So I am going to say a cliche Have a nice day! Remember your verses...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment