Friday, April 18, 2008

Simple Faith

A poem by Chuck Swindoll





It was spring

But it was summer I wanted.

The warm days

And the great outdoors.



It was summer

But it was fall I wanted

The colorful leaves

And the cool dry air.



It was fall,

But it was winter I wanted

The beautiful snow

and the joy of the holiday season



It was winter
But it was spring I wanted
The warmth
And the blossoming of nature

I was a child
But it was adulthood I wanted
The feedom
And the respect.

I was 20
But it was 30 I wanted
To be mature
And sophisticated

I was middle aged
But it was 20 I wanted
The youth
And the free spirit

I was retired
But it was middle aged I wanted
The presence of mind
without limitations

My life was over
But I never got what I wanted.

This is so like many lives who constantly seach for contentment but never find it.Always unhappy in the hunt,and feeling gloomy because contentment is always alluded.
Like Paul in Philippians 4:12, learned to be content " in all things"...he learned contentment from the things he had suffered. He also wrote to his young pastor in the faith:
1 Tim6:6-10 with these things we shall be content.

Contentment can be ours in____the place where God has stationed us. It is alwways the result of the ____power of God which strengthens us. It usually bolstered by _____the people of God who support us, and is gauranteedby_____the promise of God which sustains us.


Phil4:10-23

( taken from David Jeremiah's book on " Turning toward Joy" pg 185 " chap. The joy of serenity.

I am reminded that its so easily that I can be discontented when I focus on the world and its passions rather then having the mind of Christ which is in Him. I need to balance my life with the things that are heaven minded and benefit my heart and my character and my growth in Christ and not be distracted by so many of the things this world wants to hold that say will make me content when that is a lie. say no to those things and be content in what is in front of me and be obedient in what is in front of me each day. Discontentment will surely rob me of my joy in the Lord if I let it. But in His strength I can be content in all the spiritual blessings that I have in Him alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this Mom, good reminder to me...and what contentment means :) I love you!!