Sunday, April 20, 2008

Oh What a Happy Day

What an eventful weekend, my parent celebrated 60 years of marriage and we honored them with the whole faimly here( most of all) and it was beautiful and we even got to see their wedding book with their pictures from so long ago. What a major event and celebration! Its so awesome to see them together after all these years! But before that early in the morning my daughter in law Bonnie gave birth to our 3rd grandchild who happened to be a girl!!!! Another awesome event happening on the same day...so alot of excitement for sure... Alyssa Grace came into the world at 5am weighing 7 pounds and 10 oz. and 21 in long. She is actually very beautiful, with her brown hair and blue eyes and sweet sweet demeanor, how can I tell? I can just tell, she will have that about her and she will have to stay that way, somehow I know because I have brothers too! Ya just got to go with it and stay sweet no matter what! I am going to get to see her on Thursday and I am really excited. There is nothing to describe Grandmahood, its a real gift and a wonderful one and I am grateful the Lord has given this time to me in my life to enjoy the next generation after my children coming into the world. I dont ever want to take that for granted. I know Alyssa will bring much joy to her brothers and mom and dad but even more so to her grandparents who pray for her and love her always. She is indeed the icing on the cake......and looks like a little angel on the cake! Hello Alyssa and welcome to the world....we love you sweetie! Love Grandma and Grandpa ps love to Joel and Evan and kisses and hugs!!!! boys are pretty special too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that they picked Alyssa.. I just know she will be such a sweetie..I mean gosh she has to be with 2 older brothers right! I am so happy to be a auntie again! I wish I could go with you, but I hope you enjoy it out there with those beautiful grandbabies, give them lots of hugs and kisses from Aunt AK!