Tuesday, April 8, 2008

C intentions clear

For by the grace of God go I each day. I desire to be transparent in my life and that I would appropriate Gods grace so that I will be pleasing and holy before Him. I desire that my intentions of my heart are right and holy and that I will see clearly what is right and good before Him.
Studying Ezekiel today in chapter 8 God pointed out to Ezekiel in a vision how Israel so lived in their abominations of Him and even His Holy Place in the temple. Judgment was coming, they continued not just to descacrate Gods Holy Temple but to worship other gods which He had told them not to do. They worshiped 120 other Egyptian gods that were so obscene and every committed every kind of sin to go with it. That is what idols of the heart do, it descecrates the temple of the Holy Spirit and dishonors the Creator by worshiping the creature rather than the Creator. My hearts cry is that I am reminded that there is a consequence always to sin and that I would not dishonor My God by worshiping idols in my own heart. Idols in my heart that take the His place in my heart, that distract me or draw me away to not serve Him as I should or not love Him with all my heart , soul and mind, and that I would love others as He has asked me to do. I am grateful for His grace that continues to show me that I can be forgiven daily and that He can strengthen me to live a holy, blameless life for Him with desire, passion, zeal and love. He has put that Spirit within me so that I can. I praise Him for that! Blessed be the name of the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I desire that same thing :) love you