I have written since my daughter came home to live for awhile as she is getting on her feet again. She found a new job and her little dog Molly is making friend with our dog Abbey. Like any friend it takes time to get used to each other, to find out their ins and outs and likes and dislikes. They kind of like each other, they kind are in a bit of competition with one another, they wait to see what the other what is going to do, they start to bark when one starts then the other. They eat together, eyeing each other to see that they are ok to eat. When you tell them its time to go outside and play, they run to the back door. I think like any friends learning about each other day in and day out, even if they dont mesh, they tolerate each other, and if they arent there for each other they miss each other. Each are distinct in their likes and dislikes, they rely on a person to care for them, that mostly is me since my daughter came home and started her new job. Its been an interesting time watching these two bond. The more they are together, the more they seem to like each other and are getting to know one anothers little quirks! They have real dog lives here in the OC and lots of love and care. Right now they are really aware of each other and I think there will be a day when they feel really comfortable with each other at all times and when thery arent together they will really miss each other...uhmmm that might be another adjustment to life again! I will mention that to my daughter. Changes can be good, adjustments can be made as long as there is love and care! They are really pretty good doggies, I cant complain, I just didnt know I would be a grandma to a dog! I am getting use to it with each day passing. I know that Molly is getting a little more attention from us all and Abbey may need just a little more than usual, but we are on it!
If they were exactly a like then it would not be so interesting. I am glad that they have their doggy distinctions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment